Monday, August 6, 2007

It will make you too"Wonder" " Stevie"

You must be wondering what this must be. Ok lets get down to business. When you receive call these days mostly its for a favour and your welfare is only incidental. Most times when you make a call out, it's the same. No harm, it's a fast paced competitive world today and we can't get lost unduly with emotions, so we say its Ok, we are practical. No question about that and it's true too.

Having said that I must add that there are a few who'd call you up every once in a "way" just to say "Hello! How are You?"

That reminds me of the beautiful song composed and sung by Stevie Wonder

"I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU
No new year's day to celebrate
no choc'late covered candy hearts to give away
No first of spring, no song to sing
in fact here's just another ordinary day

No April rain, no flowers bloom no wedding Saturday within the month of June.
But what it is, is something true made up of these three words that I must say to you:
I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care I just called to say I love you and I mean it from the bottom of my heart

No summers high, no warm July no harvest moon to light one tender August night.
No autumn breeze, no falling leaves not even time for birds to fly to southern skies.


No Libra sun, no Halloween no giving thanks to all the Christmas joy you bring.
But what it is, though old so new to fill your heart like no three words could ever do.

I just called to say I love you
I just called to say how much I care I just called to say I love you and I mean it from the bottom of my heart of my heart, of my heart"

This is one of the most soulful and honest songs I've ever heard all my life, and this keeps echoing in my heart very often.

"Stevie .." was visually challenged, yet known all over the world for the "Wonder"ful songs he gave the world.

Being on the same page of "visually challenged, I'm reminded of a story..

"The Blind Boy"
A blind boy sat on the steps of a subway with a hat at his feet, with a sign borad in his hand "I'm blind, please help.."There were just a few coins that fell into that hat after hours.

A man waking by took a few coins from his pocket, dropped them into the blind boys hat.

He then took the sign board from the boy's hand, turned it around and wrote a few words to a line. He put the sign board back into the boy's hands and walked away saying wait for at least an hour before you pack up.

Soon the hat began to overflow with coins, as a lot more people dropped coins and very generously too.

Later in the afternoon that man who changed the sign board walked up to the blind boy again.

The boy recognized the man by his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed the signboard and what did you write that the whole thing changed dramatically?"

The man said, "I only wrote the same truth you wrote, but I said it in a slightly different way.

What I wrote was 'Today, is a beautiful day, and I can't see it'"The first sign and the second one were the same as the crux was the same that the "boy was blind."

The first one pleaded for help were as the second one made them think. The first was simple in saying the boy was blind the second told them that they were lucky but this boy wasn't.

Is there any surprise if the second made an impact?

There are two lessons though in this story :

The first : Be thankful for what you have. Someone else has lesser than you, so help when you can.

The second : Be creative, innovative, think differently, think laterally. There is always a different way.

To sum up this message
We need to be human beings and we need to make an impact with whatever we do. We need to develop the art of making our communications just as effective.

Punch Line for the day : Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there." - John Wooden

No comments: