Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Freedom

Every time I look at myself and think on how much I've gone through, I still hardly believe that I have become the strong person that I am now. The biggest factor I'd like to consider is my relationship with my Parents. I learned to stand on my own, make decisions on my own because they let me do it. This started in during my high school years when I'd always to ask permission to go out with friends. They would allow with a promise to be back at a designated time, which I did exactly. Also the college admissions we handled it on our own. I do not have male siblings and they gave everything they could to face the world with confidence.We started traveling outstations all by ourselves at the age of 10 to explore various places imbibe various cultures and learn from the way of living across borders. Being in armed forces family we had the oppurtunity to do so.I learnt not only to ride cycles but also geared scooter which was unheard for girls in those days 1980's. I was encouraged to manage our own finances and decisions and take ownership and feel good if it worked and accept the mistake if it back fired and face the consequences. Taught to nurture relatonships, acknowledge each and every human being and share and care.I felt how much he appreciated and had trust in my confidence and abilities. This gave me so much confidence and encouragement to realize my dreams. I feel good to be free and independent because my father allowed me to be. Now I pass on the good attitude I got from my father.

No comments: